IAF chief discusses modernisation, regional engagement in US
Washington: IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne met General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, at the Pentagon during which the two top military officials discussed regional and armed forces engagement along with military modernisation.
Dempsey and Browne yesterday "discussed military exercises, military modernisation and regional engagement," a Pentagon official said.
Browne met Dempsey in his capacity as Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee of the Indian military.
Browne is on an official visit to the US at the invitation of the US Air Force Chief of Staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey