IAF Chief holds talks with South Korean defence minister
New Delhi: IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne on Monday called on South Korean Defence Minister Kim Kwan-jin to discuss ways of expanding military ties between the two countries.
"Accompanied by Ambassador Vishnu Prakash, Browne and members of his delegation called on the South Korean Defence Minister Kim Kwan-jin, who had visited India last year," an Indian embassy release from Seoul said.
In the meeting, the South Korean minister "expressed happiness at expanding strategic and defence engagement between the two countries, underlining the desirability of greater cooperation and coordination on regional and international security issues".
He appreciated India`s positive role in maintaining peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula, the release said.
The IAF chief is in Seoul on a four-day official visit at the invitation of his counterpart, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) General Jung Seung-jo.
In parleys with General Jung, both sides discussed expanding bilateral cooperation, as well as, regional and international issues of interest.
In the next two days of the visit, Browne will visit South Korea`s military operations and training establishments, as well as, defence industries.
The visit of the IAF chief is taking place within the framework of the 40th Anniversary of establishment of bilateral diplomatic relations between the two countries.
It comes on the heels of visit of National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon who was in Seoul from 30 June to July 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali