IAF Chief opens Commanders` meet in Nagpur
Nagpur: Commanders Conference of Maintenance Command of Indian Air Force (IAF) got underway at MC headquarters `Vayusena` here on Friday with the Chief of Air Staff Anil Kumar Browne calling for modernisation of support infrastructure and the need to ensure cyber security.
The three-day annual conference aims at reviewing the progress of ongoing activities and projects at Units under Maintenance Command and evolve strategies and maintenance plans to tackle issues arising out of induction of new technology and weapon systems in the IAF, which is in its 80th year.
“Last few years have been unprecedented in which IAF have leap frogged overcoming all the challenges. The procurements are going as per schedule, and now there is need to ensure the modernisation of supporting infrastructure. The modernisation of Base Repair Depot (BRDs) needs to be done on priority,” he said.
On operations, the Chief of Air Staff said, "In the last few years we have consolidated on all the operational aspects of the Air Force. Exercises in the coming days would be undertaken to test our philosophies, and doctrine. These exercises would test the reason for our existence."
He also emphasised the paramount need of ensuring cyber security, upkeep of social and high moral values.
Performance reviews of respective Branches at Command Headquarters were carried out by Senior Maintenance Staff Officer (SMSO), Senior Air & Admin Staff Officer (SAASO) and Air Officer-in-Charge Logistics Management (AOLM).
Kiran Browne, President, Air Force Wives Welfare Association reviewed the progress of welfare schemes and ventures under progress at Stations under Maintenance Command.
She appreciated the steps taken by Association at regional and local levels for the welfare of their members and advised all the `Sanginis` to acquire new skills to keep pace with changing environment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy