IAF chief reviews security of northeastern region
Shillong: Indian Air Force chief Arup Raha on Thursday reviewed the security scenario with special reference to India`s northeast with officers of the Eastern Air Command.
Air Chief Marshal Raha, here on a two-day visit, also inaugurated the commanders` conference at the command headquarters here.
"He urged everyone to keep abreast with the modern developments and technologies for smooth transition and better absorption of modern equipment," Defence Ministry spokesperson Amit Mahajan said.
Outlining the vital role of the Air Force in the region, Raha updated the commanders on the security scenario with special reference to the implications in the region and gave an insight into future infrastructure development plans under the command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'