IAF chief reviews security of northeastern region
Shillong: Indian Air Force chief Arup Raha on Thursday reviewed the security scenario with special reference to India`s northeast with officers of the Eastern Air Command.
Air Chief Marshal Raha, here on a two-day visit, also inaugurated the commanders` conference at the command headquarters here.
"He urged everyone to keep abreast with the modern developments and technologies for smooth transition and better absorption of modern equipment," Defence Ministry spokesperson Amit Mahajan said.
Outlining the vital role of the Air Force in the region, Raha updated the commanders on the security scenario with special reference to the implications in the region and gave an insight into future infrastructure development plans under the command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- Next Reserve Bank of India chief faces balancing act on bank clean-up
- Delhi Court dismisses AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's bail in alleged molestation case
- 24 years, 24 women, 24 lessons: Shah Rukh Khan sums up his Bollywood journey so far!
- Freedom 251 deliveries to begin from tomorrow
- Israel to maintain Gaza naval blockade after deal with Turkey: Netanyahu