IAF chief reviews SU-30 fighter jet production facility
New Delhi: IAF chief Arup Raha on Saturday reviewed the state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited`s Su-30MKI combat aircraft manufacturing facilities in Nashik.
The IAF chief visited the facility along with Secretary (Defence Production) GS Pati and HAl chief RK Tyagi where he was briefed about new technologies in the Su-30MKI, level of technology absorption, establishment of facilities for Su-30 repair and overhaul and road map for indigenisation.
"The focus of the presentation was on actions taken and support being provided to IAF by HAL for enhancing the serviceability of Su-30MKI fleet," an HAL release said.
The IAF chief also inaugurated the warehouse for storing aggregates and spares of Su-30MKI aircraft and handed it over to Airforce Liaison Establishment, Nasik.
The warehouse is built by HAL with all the modern facilities required for storing all types of aggregates and spares required for future operations of the aircraft fleet.
"The IAF chief`s visit covered indigenisation cell, manufacturing facilities for 4.5 generation SU-30MKI aircraft, newly established repair and overhaul facilities, final assembly of Su-30MKI aircraft and flight testing hangar," HAL said.
The state-run PSU said presently HAL is manufacturing the aircraft from raw material phase and till date has produced 150 aircraft.
"HAL has manufactured approximately 43,000 components in airframe and 6,300 components for engines. Twenty six special technologies have been absorbed and mastered," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore