IAF Chief too plays down Chinese incursion reports
New Delhi: Seeking to play down reports of
incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory, Air Chief
Marshal PV Naik on Tuesday said such incidents take place
regularly and "make no difference".
Noting that he was not aware of any such particular
incident, the Air Chief said, "These things keep happening.
During snowfall, even on our thing (side), people go one odd
kilometre here and there. It makes no difference."
The IAF chief was talking to reporters on the sidelines
of his visit to the annual NCC Republic Day parade camp here.
Chinese troops, in September-October last year, had
reportedly entered Gombir area in Demchok region in Jammu and
Kashmir and threatened civilian workers building a shed as per
plans cleared by the state rural development department.
Army Chief General VK Singh had yesterday said that the
"so-called" intrusions take place due to perceptional
differences about the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between
India and China, an issue which is being addressed by the two
countries through discussion.
The Army Chief had said that he did not view the
incident, which took place about two months back, as an
"I only see it as a problem of perception. We patrol up to
our perception of the LAC which is further east of this and
the Chinese come to the LAC as perceived by them," he said.
"When they do that and it is beyond our line, it is
called transgression. I am quite sure on the Chinese side also
they would call it a transgression when our patrols go upto
our line of perception," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!