IAF Chief too plays down Chinese incursion reports
New Delhi: Seeking to play down reports of
incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory, Air Chief
Marshal PV Naik on Tuesday said such incidents take place
regularly and "make no difference".
Noting that he was not aware of any such particular
incident, the Air Chief said, "These things keep happening.
During snowfall, even on our thing (side), people go one odd
kilometre here and there. It makes no difference."
The IAF chief was talking to reporters on the sidelines
of his visit to the annual NCC Republic Day parade camp here.
Chinese troops, in September-October last year, had
reportedly entered Gombir area in Demchok region in Jammu and
Kashmir and threatened civilian workers building a shed as per
plans cleared by the state rural development department.
Army Chief General VK Singh had yesterday said that the
"so-called" intrusions take place due to perceptional
differences about the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between
India and China, an issue which is being addressed by the two
countries through discussion.
The Army Chief had said that he did not view the
incident, which took place about two months back, as an
"I only see it as a problem of perception. We patrol up to
our perception of the LAC which is further east of this and
the Chinese come to the LAC as perceived by them," he said.
"When they do that and it is beyond our line, it is
called transgression. I am quite sure on the Chinese side also
they would call it a transgression when our patrols go upto
our line of perception," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...