IAF chopper crashes in Jammu, 8 injured
Jammu: Eight defence personnel, including
three crew members, were injured when an IAF helicopter
crashed soon after taking off from the airport here Tuesday
The Mi-26 chopper carrying defence personnel took off
from the technical airport at Satwari here and crashed within
minutes of take off at 0950 hrs, Defence Spokesperson Lt. Col
Viplov Nath said.
He said eight defence personnel, including crew
members, were injured and have been rushed to the Military
Hospital at Satwari.
The cause of the mishap is yet to be ascertained.
The airport has been closed for two hours for clearing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch