IAF discusses maintenance of old, new aircraft fleet
New Delhi: Going through a major modernisation drive, the Indian Air Force today discussed issues related to maintenance of its both old and new aircraft fleet at the Commander`s Conference here.
"While exercise `Iron Fist` and exercise `Live Wire` clearly illustrated our professional competence and team work, `operation Rahat` reconfirmed the nation`s faith in IAF`s capability and resolve of our men and women," Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, who is also the chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee(COSC), said inaugurating the meet.
"These enhanced our collective confidence in employing new capabilities in conformity with our concept of operations. Now, it is all the more important for us to carry forward the lessons learnt from them and continue to refine our methods," he said.
Emphasising on enhancement of operational capability, the IAF Chief said the Air Force must consolidate its newly acquired aircraft and equipment towards maintaining a High Operational Status at all times.
"Since leadership flows from a sense of ownership, we must encourage ownership at all levels. When, Air Warriors, our most important asset, are happy and motivated, it clearly indicates that we are moving in the right direction," he said.
IAF has chosen "Aircraft and Systems Maintenance and Operational and Training Issues" as its theme for the current Commanders` Conference, in the backdrop of IAF`s ongoing modernisation drive, challenges of maintaining legacy systems along with new inductions and optimisation of resources.
The four-day second bi-annual Air Force Commanders` conference for 2013 would be attended by the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS), commanders of the seven IAF Commands as well as Principal Staff Officers at Air Headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened