IAF Jaguar fighter aircraft crashes in UP
Mau (UP): A Jaguar fighter aircraft on Thursday
crashed in Dilahi Firozpur village in this district, killing
its pilot and a girl working in a field, the second IAF plane
to meet with an accident this week.
The single-seater plane of the IAF burst into flames
soon after the crash, DIG, Azamgarh range, L.Ravikumar said.
The pilot and a girl working in a field were killed in
the accident, he said.
The Jaguar, a deep penetration strike aircraft, had
taken off from Gorakhpur airbase in UP, IAF sources said in
On Tuesday, a MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed while
landing at Naal airfield in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district,
killing the pilot.
On February 4, a MiG-21 `Bison` fighter plane had
crashed apparently due to an engine problem while on a routine
sortie in Madhya Pradesh`s Sheopur district but the pilot had
In 2010, a total of 10 IAF aircraft crashes took place
including four MiG-27 and two MiG-21 planes.
Defence Minister A K Antony had said in Lok Sabha
on Monday that 24 fighter aircraft accidents have taken place
in the last three years, in which four service personnel and
five civilians lost their lives.
Of these accidents, 23 per cent were due to human
error, according to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday