IAF Jaguar fighter aircraft crashes in UP
Mau (UP): A Jaguar fighter aircraft on Thursday
crashed in Dilahi Firozpur village in this district, killing
its pilot and a girl working in a field, the second IAF plane
to meet with an accident this week.
The single-seater plane of the IAF burst into flames
soon after the crash, DIG, Azamgarh range, L.Ravikumar said.
The pilot and a girl working in a field were killed in
the accident, he said.
The Jaguar, a deep penetration strike aircraft, had
taken off from Gorakhpur airbase in UP, IAF sources said in
On Tuesday, a MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed while
landing at Naal airfield in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district,
killing the pilot.
On February 4, a MiG-21 `Bison` fighter plane had
crashed apparently due to an engine problem while on a routine
sortie in Madhya Pradesh`s Sheopur district but the pilot had
In 2010, a total of 10 IAF aircraft crashes took place
including four MiG-27 and two MiG-21 planes.
Defence Minister A K Antony had said in Lok Sabha
on Monday that 24 fighter aircraft accidents have taken place
in the last three years, in which four service personnel and
five civilians lost their lives.
Of these accidents, 23 per cent were due to human
error, according to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'