IAF Jaguar fighter aircraft crashes in UP
Mau (UP): A Jaguar fighter aircraft on Thursday
crashed in Dilahi Firozpur village in this district, killing
its pilot and a girl working in a field, the second IAF plane
to meet with an accident this week.
The single-seater plane of the IAF burst into flames
soon after the crash, DIG, Azamgarh range, L.Ravikumar said.
The pilot and a girl working in a field were killed in
the accident, he said.
The Jaguar, a deep penetration strike aircraft, had
taken off from Gorakhpur airbase in UP, IAF sources said in
On Tuesday, a MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed while
landing at Naal airfield in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district,
killing the pilot.
On February 4, a MiG-21 `Bison` fighter plane had
crashed apparently due to an engine problem while on a routine
sortie in Madhya Pradesh`s Sheopur district but the pilot had
In 2010, a total of 10 IAF aircraft crashes took place
including four MiG-27 and two MiG-21 planes.
Defence Minister A K Antony had said in Lok Sabha
on Monday that 24 fighter aircraft accidents have taken place
in the last three years, in which four service personnel and
five civilians lost their lives.
Of these accidents, 23 per cent were due to human
error, according to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray