IAF Jaguar fighter aircraft crashes in UP
Mau (UP): A Jaguar fighter aircraft on Thursday
crashed in Dilahi Firozpur village in this district, killing
its pilot and a girl working in a field, the second IAF plane
to meet with an accident this week.
The single-seater plane of the IAF burst into flames
soon after the crash, DIG, Azamgarh range, L.Ravikumar said.
The pilot and a girl working in a field were killed in
the accident, he said.
The Jaguar, a deep penetration strike aircraft, had
taken off from Gorakhpur airbase in UP, IAF sources said in
On Tuesday, a MiG-21 fighter aircraft crashed while
landing at Naal airfield in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district,
killing the pilot.
On February 4, a MiG-21 `Bison` fighter plane had
crashed apparently due to an engine problem while on a routine
sortie in Madhya Pradesh`s Sheopur district but the pilot had
In 2010, a total of 10 IAF aircraft crashes took place
including four MiG-27 and two MiG-21 planes.
Defence Minister A K Antony had said in Lok Sabha
on Monday that 24 fighter aircraft accidents have taken place
in the last three years, in which four service personnel and
five civilians lost their lives.
Of these accidents, 23 per cent were due to human
error, according to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins