IAF microlite plane makes emergency landing near metro station in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A two-seater microliTt aircraft of Indian Air Force had to make an emergency landing at a park near New Delhi’s Shashtri Park Metro Station on Sunday morning after it developed a technical snag.
The two pilots - Sq. Leader Sumit and Wing Cdr Vidyutare - who made the precautionary landing, are said to be safe.
There are no reports of any damage to the aircraft that belongs to the IAF`s National Cadet Corps wing.
The aircaft had taken off from Hindon Air Base for checking bird activity around the base as the IAF was carrying out the full dress rehearsal of its 81st IAF Day parade there.
The aircraft is now being brought back to the Hindon air base after a thorough check.
Meanwhile, at the parade at Hindon, IAF`s latest
acquisitions C-17 heavylift transport aircraft and C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft made their maiden appearance.
Both the aircraft are based at the Hindon air base itself and have helped the IAF in extending its strategic reach and the ability to drop and deploy troops and heavy equipment such as tanks in forward areas along with the China and Pakistan border.
The other aircraft which flew at the event include the Mi-35 and Mi-17V5 choppers, Su-30MKI, Mirage 2000, Jaguar and Mig 21 aircraft.
The land and aerial version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile were on static display.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming