IAF microlite plane makes emergency landing near metro station in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A two-seater microliTt aircraft of Indian Air Force had to make an emergency landing at a park near New Delhi’s Shashtri Park Metro Station on Sunday morning after it developed a technical snag.
The two pilots - Sq. Leader Sumit and Wing Cdr Vidyutare - who made the precautionary landing, are said to be safe.
There are no reports of any damage to the aircraft that belongs to the IAF`s National Cadet Corps wing.
The aircaft had taken off from Hindon Air Base for checking bird activity around the base as the IAF was carrying out the full dress rehearsal of its 81st IAF Day parade there.
The aircraft is now being brought back to the Hindon air base after a thorough check.
Meanwhile, at the parade at Hindon, IAF`s latest
acquisitions C-17 heavylift transport aircraft and C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft made their maiden appearance.
Both the aircraft are based at the Hindon air base itself and have helped the IAF in extending its strategic reach and the ability to drop and deploy troops and heavy equipment such as tanks in forward areas along with the China and Pakistan border.
The other aircraft which flew at the event include the Mi-35 and Mi-17V5 choppers, Su-30MKI, Mirage 2000, Jaguar and Mig 21 aircraft.
The land and aerial version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile were on static display.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information