IAF, Navy bag best marching contingent trophy
New Delhi: The IAF has made a hat-trick by bagging the best marching contingent award for this year`s Republic Day parade but this time it is sharing the honours with the Navy.
For this year, the IAF and the Navy have been jointly awarded the best marching contingent trophy for 2013 Republic Day parade, sources said.
This year`s IAF contingent comprised four officers and 144 air warriors.
The contingent was commanded by Flight Lieutenant Heena Pore followed by 03 supernumerary officers. Last year also, the IAf contingent was led by a woman officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket