IAF, Navy bag best marching contingent trophy
New Delhi: The IAF has made a hat-trick by bagging the best marching contingent award for this year`s Republic Day parade but this time it is sharing the honours with the Navy.
For this year, the IAF and the Navy have been jointly awarded the best marching contingent trophy for 2013 Republic Day parade, sources said.
This year`s IAF contingent comprised four officers and 144 air warriors.
The contingent was commanded by Flight Lieutenant Heena Pore followed by 03 supernumerary officers. Last year also, the IAf contingent was led by a woman officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug