IAF officials discuss measures to enhance flight safety
Chandigarh: With a view to enhance flight safety, senior Indian Air Force (IAF) officials met here to discuss measures to be adopted to reduce the rate of air accidents.
The day-long `Aerospace Safety Council` meeting took place yesterday at 12 Wing, Air Force Station here and was chaired by Air Marshal Arup Raha, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, IAF, a defence release said here on Saturday.
A data base review of flight safety of air bases was carried out and various measures were discussed to reduce accidents during challenging conditions of weather, terrain and bird activity.
Raha credited WAC`s contribution for the decline in accident rate in the recent past, saying: "WAC contributes a lot to total flying efforts of Indian Air Force which includes round the year Air Maintenance Operations and other fighter operations in one of the most difficult terrain in the world."
The Aerospace Safety Council meet, which is an annual affair, was attended by Air Officers Commanding, Station Commanders, Aerospace Safety, Inspection Officers of all bases under Western Air Command and members from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city