IAF official`s wife, two daughters found dead
Shillong: An Indian Air Force (IAF) official`s wife and two minor daughters were found dead at their residence in the Eastern Air Command cantonment here, officials said Saturday.
Praveen Akhtar, 26, wife of Sergeant Shamim Akhtar, was found hanging along with her daughters Samita, 5, and Sania, 3, Friday, IAF spokesperson Wing Commander Ranjib Sahoo said.
He said the bodies were spotted by Akhtar when he returned from office. Police said no suicide note was found.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem to confirm the circumstances behind the incident," Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime) Vivek Syiem said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof