IAF official`s wife, two daughters found dead
Shillong: An Indian Air Force (IAF) official`s wife and two minor daughters were found dead at their residence in the Eastern Air Command cantonment here, officials said Saturday.
Praveen Akhtar, 26, wife of Sergeant Shamim Akhtar, was found hanging along with her daughters Samita, 5, and Sania, 3, Friday, IAF spokesperson Wing Commander Ranjib Sahoo said.
He said the bodies were spotted by Akhtar when he returned from office. Police said no suicide note was found.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem to confirm the circumstances behind the incident," Deputy Superintendent of Police (Crime) Vivek Syiem said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi