IAF pilots are sweet and professional: Suu Kyi
Yangon: Not treated well by her own military junta, pro-democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi on Saturday praised Indian Air Force pilots for being "professional" and "sweet".
"I enjoyed my time in India thoroughly from beginning to end, particularly impressed by the Air Force Pilots who flew me back. They are the kind of professional military men I like to see," said the 67-year-old Suu Kyi who was placed under house arrest for 15 of the past 21 years on different occasions.
She added: "They (IAF) are very very sweet. So very soldierly in the best kind of way, officers and gentlemen."
During her visit to India last month, Suu Kyi was flown in and out of Yagon by IAF pilots in military planes.
After a 40-minute meeting with Salman Khurshid, a beaming Burmese leader also so praised the kind of reception she received from the Indian government and Indian people during her visit.
"It is an experience I wish to repeat," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence