IAF to deploy medium power radars, advanced helicopters
Jodhpur: Indian Air Force will deploy medium power radars and advanced helicopters in the western sector in order to strengthen its preparedness along the Indo-Pak border in Rajasthan.
While Jodhpur airbase will soon have a squadron of transport helicopters Mi-17 V5, medium power radars would also be deployed at Jaisalmer airbase, Air Marshal Anjan Kumar Gogoi, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, South-Western Air command, said at a press conference here.
Gogoi said that the new squadron at Phalodi will be ready by October this year.
Admitting that the SW air command has shortage of transport aircraft, he said that it will also be looked into.
The Air Marshal also informed that Deesa airbase in north Gujarat will soon become a training-cum-operational base.
About the Air Force show to be held in February next year in Pokharan firing range in Jaisalmer, he said that Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will display its capabilities for the first time.
Apart from that, about 100 planes of different varieties would display their power capabilities in the firepower demonstration event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed