IAF to focus on enhancing operation capabilities: Browne
New Delhi: IAF is passing through "challenging" times and its focus will be to enhance operational capabilities and security, its chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said today.
"The IAF is going through a very busy and a challenging period and our focus now, at all times must be on three priority areas--operational capability, infrastructure and security, especially in view of new inductions in the force`s inventory," he said while addressing the three-day Commanders` Conference which began here this morning.
Air Force officials said the focus of the conference is on critical Electronic Warfare Systems required by the force.
The meeting will also do "a thorough review of the external and internal security situation, as also the ramifications in the next two years", they said.
Browne had recently said that the security situation in country`s neighbourhood was a "matter of serious concern".
"The present times are both interesting and challenging. The deteriorating security situation in the neighbourhood and its frequent violent manifestations are a matter of serious concern to us," he had said in his Air Force Day speech on October eight.
Issues related to cyber security and infrastructure development along with welfare measures for jawans would also come up for discussion during the conference which is being attended by all senior officers of the force.
The Combined Commanders` Conference of all the three Services will be chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen