IAF to focus on enhancing operation capabilities: Browne
New Delhi: IAF is passing through "challenging" times and its focus will be to enhance operational capabilities and security, its chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said today.
"The IAF is going through a very busy and a challenging period and our focus now, at all times must be on three priority areas--operational capability, infrastructure and security, especially in view of new inductions in the force`s inventory," he said while addressing the three-day Commanders` Conference which began here this morning.
Air Force officials said the focus of the conference is on critical Electronic Warfare Systems required by the force.
The meeting will also do "a thorough review of the external and internal security situation, as also the ramifications in the next two years", they said.
Browne had recently said that the security situation in country`s neighbourhood was a "matter of serious concern".
"The present times are both interesting and challenging. The deteriorating security situation in the neighbourhood and its frequent violent manifestations are a matter of serious concern to us," he had said in his Air Force Day speech on October eight.
Issues related to cyber security and infrastructure development along with welfare measures for jawans would also come up for discussion during the conference which is being attended by all senior officers of the force.
The Combined Commanders` Conference of all the three Services will be chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!