IAF to focus on enhancing operation capabilities: Browne
New Delhi: IAF is passing through "challenging" times and its focus will be to enhance operational capabilities and security, its chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said today.
"The IAF is going through a very busy and a challenging period and our focus now, at all times must be on three priority areas--operational capability, infrastructure and security, especially in view of new inductions in the force`s inventory," he said while addressing the three-day Commanders` Conference which began here this morning.
Air Force officials said the focus of the conference is on critical Electronic Warfare Systems required by the force.
The meeting will also do "a thorough review of the external and internal security situation, as also the ramifications in the next two years", they said.
Browne had recently said that the security situation in country`s neighbourhood was a "matter of serious concern".
"The present times are both interesting and challenging. The deteriorating security situation in the neighbourhood and its frequent violent manifestations are a matter of serious concern to us," he had said in his Air Force Day speech on October eight.
Issues related to cyber security and infrastructure development along with welfare measures for jawans would also come up for discussion during the conference which is being attended by all senior officers of the force.
The Combined Commanders` Conference of all the three Services will be chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves