`IAF to get 75 microlight gliders for NCC cadets`
New Delhi: NCC cadets would soon get
exposure to flying as the Indian Air Force is procuring 75
microlight gliders to train them for aviation-related
adventure activities, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal (ACM) NAK
Browne said o Tuesday.
"We are getting many new microlight gliders. So they will
get more hands-on training for not only the NCC activities, it
will give them some exposure to the IAF (also)," ACM Browne
said on the sidelines of a NCC function.
He was responding to a query on the measures being taken
by the IAF for improving training of NCC`s Air Wing cadets.
"At least by the time they (NCC cadets) get selected and
they come to the IAF, they are that much more experienced. 75
micro-light gliders are in the pipeline," he said.
The Air chief said this training will also improve the
standard of adventure activities of NCC which trains school
and college students for a career in armed forces.
Earlier, he told the cadets that the IAF is eagerly
waiting for youngsters with the quality to join it as pilots.
"You all must work hard and I am quite sure many of you
will join the defence forces. After meeting you, I can say
that the country is in safer hands with so many spirited
youngsters eager to wear the uniform," he said.
Air Chief Marshal Browne today visited the NCC Republic
Day camp here and interacted with the cadets who are
participating in the month-long activity.
He was accorded an impressive Guard of Honour after his
arrival in the camp area by the cadets drawn from all the
three wings of NCC.
Later, the Air chief visited the Flag Area to witness the
colourful tableau of various socio-economic themes by state
contingents and addressed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'