IAF to get humanitarian award for Uttarakhand operations from IIM-Raipur
New Delhi: IIM-Raipur has selected the Indian Air Force for award for rescuing over 20,000 people who were stranded in the floods in Uttarakhand in June this year.
"The Jury consisting of eminent disaster management practitioners and senior administrators have selected the Indian Air Force for the award in the category of Search, Rescue and Evacuation," IIM-Raipur said in a letter to the IAF.
The IAF has nominated Air Commodore Mohey deployed in Raipur for receiving the award from National Disaster Management Authority Vice Chairman M Shashidhar Reddy.
The jury for the awards was chaired by Gen NC Vij, former Chief of Army Staff and former Vice Chairman, National Disaster Management Authority.
The Awards for Excellence in Humanitarian Action was established by IIM-Raipur to recognise those institutions which have distinguished themselves through outstanding contributions to humanitarian action in India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!