IAF to get more aircraft
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force (IAF) is in the process of inducting more Su-30 MKI aircraft and Light Combat Aircraft, Parliament was informed on Friday.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley told the Lok Sabha that Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft and Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft would also be procured.
"These would augment the operational strength of the IAF," he said in a written statement.
Jaitley said the requirement of fighter aircraft was periodically reviewed to ensure that the operational requirements of the IAF were met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead