IAF upgradation along LAC not against China: Air Chief
New Delhi: Indian Air Force (IAF) chief P
V Naik on Wednesday said upgradation of the air-field infrastructure
along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China was not
"....I have been trying to address this particular
issue that our capabilities are not adversary specific. We are
capability-based. We need to-- upgrade the existing air-field
infrastructure in the East, long overdue. It is not adversary
specific. It is long overdue.
"We should have done it earlier. Now that we have got
the go-ahead, we are going ahead with that," Naik told a private news channel.
The IAF is strengthening its air defence in Ladakh
along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China by putting
in place a series of special mountain and light-weight radars.
The Air chief also said the IAF is going to
strengthen the runways whenever required, strengthen the
existing infrastructure, in terms of accommodation and many
other things which are required for modern aircraft.
"It also follows that we are going to base modern
aircraft like the SU-30s there. That is also long overdue.
The Eastern Air Command keeps crying-- give me SU-30s. So, we
have based the modern aircraft over there.
"There are mountain radars which have been planned for
Eastern and Western both sectors. So, all these things are to
build a certain set of capabilities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!