IAF waiting for clearance of dues amounting to Rs 63 cr
New Delhi: Indian Air Force (IAF) is awaiting clearance of its previous dues worth Rs 63 crore, incurred in last five years, by various government departments for using its aircraft and helicopters, an RTI reply said.
According to the information provided by the Defence Ministry, maximum amount worth Rs 44 crore is due on External Affairs Ministry, followed by Union Home Ministry which has yet not paid Rs 9 crore.
"The amount is due on these departments even after several reminders. It has been decided that IAF`s future cooperation will depend only after clearance of these pending amounts," the Ministry said in the reply.
External Affairs Ministry used the IAF aircraft on 131 occasions in last five years. In 2012-13, only it availed the facility 50 times.
Besides, MEA and MHA, IAF choppers and aircrafts were used by several other union ministries like Water Resources, Railways, Commerce Ministry, Department of North East Affairs, Forest and Environment among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth