IAF waiting for clearance of dues amounting to Rs 63 cr
New Delhi: Indian Air Force (IAF) is awaiting clearance of its previous dues worth Rs 63 crore, incurred in last five years, by various government departments for using its aircraft and helicopters, an RTI reply said.
According to the information provided by the Defence Ministry, maximum amount worth Rs 44 crore is due on External Affairs Ministry, followed by Union Home Ministry which has yet not paid Rs 9 crore.
"The amount is due on these departments even after several reminders. It has been decided that IAF`s future cooperation will depend only after clearance of these pending amounts," the Ministry said in the reply.
External Affairs Ministry used the IAF aircraft on 131 occasions in last five years. In 2012-13, only it availed the facility 50 times.
Besides, MEA and MHA, IAF choppers and aircrafts were used by several other union ministries like Water Resources, Railways, Commerce Ministry, Department of North East Affairs, Forest and Environment among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'