IAF waiting for clearance of dues amounting to Rs 63 cr
New Delhi: Indian Air Force (IAF) is awaiting clearance of its previous dues worth Rs 63 crore, incurred in last five years, by various government departments for using its aircraft and helicopters, an RTI reply said.
According to the information provided by the Defence Ministry, maximum amount worth Rs 44 crore is due on External Affairs Ministry, followed by Union Home Ministry which has yet not paid Rs 9 crore.
"The amount is due on these departments even after several reminders. It has been decided that IAF`s future cooperation will depend only after clearance of these pending amounts," the Ministry said in the reply.
External Affairs Ministry used the IAF aircraft on 131 occasions in last five years. In 2012-13, only it availed the facility 50 times.
Besides, MEA and MHA, IAF choppers and aircrafts were used by several other union ministries like Water Resources, Railways, Commerce Ministry, Department of North East Affairs, Forest and Environment among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal