IAF`s request to joint Malabar exercise turned down
New Delhi: Government has recently turned down Indian Air Force`s request to take part in the Indo-US bilateral naval exercise Malabar.
The bilateral exercise involving the navies of the two countries was held off the coast of Chennai in the Bay of Bengal earlier this month.
The IAF was earlier part of the exercise but later on it was decided by the government that they will not be part of it, Navy sources said here without elaborating.
The IAF wanted to deploy the maritime attack squadron of its Jaguar aircraft for the exercise and test them in an exercise with the US Navy aircraft on board the USS Carl Vinson nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
Apart from the USS Carl Vinson, the American side fielded its Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Bunker Hill and the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Halsey.
The Indian Navy`s assets included INS Satpura, destroyers INS Ranvir and INS Ranvijay, and the corvette INS Kulish along with the replenishment oiler INS Shakti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack