I&B Min for sensitive handling of Kumbh Mela by TV channels
New Delhi: With the Maha Kumbh Mela scheduled
for later this month at Hardwar, the Ministry for Information
and Broadcasting would be issuing an advisory to all
television channels, asking them to portray "Naga Sadhus"
According to ministry sources, the advisory would be
issued to television channels later this week with an aim of
cautioning them to be sensitive while filming or portraying
Naga Sadhus, who participate actively in the three month-long
A ministry official today said with the advent of
TV channels, the coverage of the Mela has increased manifold
and especially in terms of photo opportunity, Naga Sadhus (who
are barely clad) make for unique visuals for photojournalists
and camera persons.
However, they tend to go overboard while filming them
during the holy baths in the festival, thus portraying them in
The ministry`s advisory therefore would caution
television channels to be more sensitive while covering the
event, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion