I&B Min for sensitive handling of Kumbh Mela by TV channels
New Delhi: With the Maha Kumbh Mela scheduled
for later this month at Hardwar, the Ministry for Information
and Broadcasting would be issuing an advisory to all
television channels, asking them to portray "Naga Sadhus"
According to ministry sources, the advisory would be
issued to television channels later this week with an aim of
cautioning them to be sensitive while filming or portraying
Naga Sadhus, who participate actively in the three month-long
A ministry official today said with the advent of
TV channels, the coverage of the Mela has increased manifold
and especially in terms of photo opportunity, Naga Sadhus (who
are barely clad) make for unique visuals for photojournalists
and camera persons.
However, they tend to go overboard while filming them
during the holy baths in the festival, thus portraying them in
The ministry`s advisory therefore would caution
television channels to be more sensitive while covering the
event, the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?