I&B Min for sensitive handling of Kumbh Mela by TV channels
New Delhi: With the Maha Kumbh Mela scheduled
for later this month at Hardwar, the Ministry for Information
and Broadcasting would be issuing an advisory to all
television channels, asking them to portray "Naga Sadhus"
According to ministry sources, the advisory would be
issued to television channels later this week with an aim of
cautioning them to be sensitive while filming or portraying
Naga Sadhus, who participate actively in the three month-long
A ministry official today said with the advent of
TV channels, the coverage of the Mela has increased manifold
and especially in terms of photo opportunity, Naga Sadhus (who
are barely clad) make for unique visuals for photojournalists
and camera persons.
However, they tend to go overboard while filming them
during the holy baths in the festival, thus portraying them in
The ministry`s advisory therefore would caution
television channels to be more sensitive while covering the
event, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’