I&B Min for sensitive handling of Kumbh Mela by TV channels
New Delhi: With the Maha Kumbh Mela scheduled
for later this month at Hardwar, the Ministry for Information
and Broadcasting would be issuing an advisory to all
television channels, asking them to portray "Naga Sadhus"
According to ministry sources, the advisory would be
issued to television channels later this week with an aim of
cautioning them to be sensitive while filming or portraying
Naga Sadhus, who participate actively in the three month-long
A ministry official today said with the advent of
TV channels, the coverage of the Mela has increased manifold
and especially in terms of photo opportunity, Naga Sadhus (who
are barely clad) make for unique visuals for photojournalists
and camera persons.
However, they tend to go overboard while filming them
during the holy baths in the festival, thus portraying them in
The ministry`s advisory therefore would caution
television channels to be more sensitive while covering the
event, the official said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on