I&B Minister discusses hike in FDI in media
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari on Saturday held consultations with representatives of print and the broadcasting industry on the issue of increasing FDI limits in the media sector.
Officials said the I&B Minister, along with senior officials of the ministry, met representatives of the broadcasting and the print industry in two different meetings.
The ministry is working to formulate its view in consultation with stakeholders on the issue of increasing FDI caps in broadcasting and print media sectors.
Following the recommendations of the Mayaram committee, the government is considering increasing FDI caps in several sectors including broadcasting.
The panel, headed by Department of Economic Affairs Secretary Arvind Mayaram, had suggested raising the foreign investment limit from 26 percent to 49 percent in print media, FM Radio, uplinking news and current affairs channels and 100 percent in broadcasting carriage services and printing of specialized magazines and facsimile editions of foreign newspapers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite
- Time's up for VHS! Last company making VCRs to stop its production this month
- RIP Tiger: Retired police dog who helped in detecting bombs during 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks passes away
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex