I&B Ministry declares citizen charter
New Delhi: The Information and Broadcasting
Ministry on Tuesday declared a Citizen Charter under which it will
deliver services to people within a specified time-frame.
As per the Charter, for granting permission to TV
Channels for uplinking or downlinking, the ministry will
forward the applications within two months after receiving
them in completed form to the Ministries and Departments
concerned for clearances.
The Charter explains that to issue permission for
uplinking or downlinking of TV channels from India, the
application is examined by Department of Space, Ministry of
Home Affairs and other departments.
The Citizen Charter lays down a time-frame of four
months for delivering on such applications once such
formalities are over.
Similarly, as per the Charter a specific time plan is
also listed for the Issue of license for providing Direct To
Home (DTH) services to prospective licensees.
As per the Charter, the applications for DTH services
will be forwarded within two months, after the receipt of the
completed applications, to the Ministries and Departments
concerned for necessary clearances.
Once all the clearances are acquired, the ministry would
not keep the application for more than four months, the
Officials said once the Citizens Charter Bill is passed
in Parliament, the ministry would become bound by the timeline
established under it, officials said.
As per the charter, the maximum time taken for issuing
license to Multi System Operators after security clearance
from MHA will be four months.
Four months` time limit has also been specified for the
ministry to issue Letter of Intent for setting up Community
Radio Stations (CRS) to NGOs or educational institutes after
all mandatory clearances.
Issue of approval letter for the publication of Indian
editions of foreign magazines, journals etc in the categories
Specialty, Technical or Scientific has been set at 3 months
after all clearances have been obtained.
The time limit set for granting permission to foreign
Producers for shooting films and reality shows is even shorter
than that of other applications.
The I and B ministry would grant permission within three
weeks once clearances from Script Evaluator and the MHA have
been received and application is complete in all respects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown