I&B task force working on consensus for code for TV content
New Delhi: A government task force has been
set up for holding detailed talks with stakeholders in the
information and broadcasting sector for a consensus on the
draft content code for TV channels, the Lok Sabha was told
In her written reply to a question, I&B Minister Ambika
Soni today said the task force was looking at the
recommendations of the committee for reviewing programme and
advertising codes that included self-regulation guidelines.
The development comes after the government issued
directives to Imagine TV and Colours TV channels to air
reality shows `Rakhi ka insaaf` and `Bigg Boss` after 11 pm.
Asked if there was any proposal for the government to
regulate the broadcast of reality shows, the Minister replied
in the negative but added that action was taken whenever there
was a violation of programme and advertising codes.
Soni said government does not propose to allot TV
operators broadcast licences through auction and pointed out
that permission was granted to companies as per uplinking and
downlinking guidelines, 2005.
She said operational status of 40 channels has not been
received despite the notices given to this effect asking them
to indicate immediately their operational status, failing
which action would follow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today