IAS officer transfer: CPI(M) demands probe
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded a probe into the transfer of a senior Haryana IAS officer who had ordered a probe into land deals, including that of Robert Vadra and realty major DLF.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the party wants a thorough probe into the allegations of corruption as well as the transfer of the officer.
Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka was transferred in the wake of his decision to probe alleged undervaluation of properties dealt with by Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
"The Haryana government should answer the reason behind the transfer. A proper investigation must be held. Then only we will be able to know what is true and what is not," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi