IAS officer transfer: CPI(M) demands probe
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded a probe into the transfer of a senior Haryana IAS officer who had ordered a probe into land deals, including that of Robert Vadra and realty major DLF.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the party wants a thorough probe into the allegations of corruption as well as the transfer of the officer.
Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka was transferred in the wake of his decision to probe alleged undervaluation of properties dealt with by Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
"The Haryana government should answer the reason behind the transfer. A proper investigation must be held. Then only we will be able to know what is true and what is not," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand