IAS officer transfer: CPI(M) demands probe
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded a probe into the transfer of a senior Haryana IAS officer who had ordered a probe into land deals, including that of Robert Vadra and realty major DLF.
CPI(M) Polit Bureau member Sitaram Yechury said the party wants a thorough probe into the allegations of corruption as well as the transfer of the officer.
Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka was transferred in the wake of his decision to probe alleged undervaluation of properties dealt with by Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
"The Haryana government should answer the reason behind the transfer. A proper investigation must be held. Then only we will be able to know what is true and what is not," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?