IAS officer V Sheshadri to join as director in PMO
Hyderabad: Indian Administrative Service officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre V Sheshadri will join as Director in the Prime Minister`s Office.
Sheshadri, a 1999 batch IAS officer, has been relieved as Collector of Visakhapatnam district today to enable him take up the new assignment.
He was selected for the PMO job based on an interview conducted for five short-listed IAS officers from different states early last month.
Sheshadri`s appointment was communicated by the Department of Personnel and Training to the state government on July 23 and the relief orders were issued today.
He will hold the new post for a period of five years, according to an order issued by state Chief Secretary PK Mohanty.
Sheshadri, who hails from Karnataka, previously served as collector of Chittoor district, joint executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and joint collector of Ranga Reddy district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'