IAS officer V Sheshadri to join as director in PMO
Hyderabad: Indian Administrative Service officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre V Sheshadri will join as Director in the Prime Minister`s Office.
Sheshadri, a 1999 batch IAS officer, has been relieved as Collector of Visakhapatnam district today to enable him take up the new assignment.
He was selected for the PMO job based on an interview conducted for five short-listed IAS officers from different states early last month.
Sheshadri`s appointment was communicated by the Department of Personnel and Training to the state government on July 23 and the relief orders were issued today.
He will hold the new post for a period of five years, according to an order issued by state Chief Secretary PK Mohanty.
Sheshadri, who hails from Karnataka, previously served as collector of Chittoor district, joint executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and joint collector of Ranga Reddy district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars