IAS officer V Sheshadri to join as director in PMO
Hyderabad: Indian Administrative Service officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre V Sheshadri will join as Director in the Prime Minister`s Office.
Sheshadri, a 1999 batch IAS officer, has been relieved as Collector of Visakhapatnam district today to enable him take up the new assignment.
He was selected for the PMO job based on an interview conducted for five short-listed IAS officers from different states early last month.
Sheshadri`s appointment was communicated by the Department of Personnel and Training to the state government on July 23 and the relief orders were issued today.
He will hold the new post for a period of five years, according to an order issued by state Chief Secretary PK Mohanty.
Sheshadri, who hails from Karnataka, previously served as collector of Chittoor district, joint executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and joint collector of Ranga Reddy district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory