IAS officer V Sheshadri to join as director in PMO
Hyderabad: Indian Administrative Service officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre V Sheshadri will join as Director in the Prime Minister`s Office.
Sheshadri, a 1999 batch IAS officer, has been relieved as Collector of Visakhapatnam district today to enable him take up the new assignment.
He was selected for the PMO job based on an interview conducted for five short-listed IAS officers from different states early last month.
Sheshadri`s appointment was communicated by the Department of Personnel and Training to the state government on July 23 and the relief orders were issued today.
He will hold the new post for a period of five years, according to an order issued by state Chief Secretary PK Mohanty.
Sheshadri, who hails from Karnataka, previously served as collector of Chittoor district, joint executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and joint collector of Ranga Reddy district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!