IAS officer V Sheshadri to join as director in PMO
Hyderabad: Indian Administrative Service officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre V Sheshadri will join as Director in the Prime Minister`s Office.
Sheshadri, a 1999 batch IAS officer, has been relieved as Collector of Visakhapatnam district today to enable him take up the new assignment.
He was selected for the PMO job based on an interview conducted for five short-listed IAS officers from different states early last month.
Sheshadri`s appointment was communicated by the Department of Personnel and Training to the state government on July 23 and the relief orders were issued today.
He will hold the new post for a period of five years, according to an order issued by state Chief Secretary PK Mohanty.
Sheshadri, who hails from Karnataka, previously served as collector of Chittoor district, joint executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and joint collector of Ranga Reddy district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air