IAS officers` association wants justice for Durga Shakti Nagpal, knocks at PM`s door
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Lucknow: The clamour for reinstating suspended Uttar Pradesh IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal grew louder on Thursday with representatives of the central IAS officers` association meeting Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy to demand justice for her.
In their meeting with Narayanasamy, the association demanded justice for the 28-year-old IAS officer who was suspended for allegedly ordering the demolition of a wall of a religious structure in a village in Gautam Budh Nagar.
Association representatives said after the meeting that they will ensure that "justice will be delivered to Durga Shakti Nagpal".
The minister is reported to have told the association members that the Centre "will do all that needs to be done as per the law and will even go for amendments in laws if necessary".
Speaking later to reporters, Narayanasamy said "the officer has been suspended without giving any opportunity" to put forth her view.
"We have asked for a report from the state government and are awaiting reply," he added.
Association members said as per the existing law the Centre can interfere in the matter if it finds merit in the case.
Stating their aim was to "correct the lacunas in law", association secretary Sanjay R Bhoos Reddy said "if nothing happens then we will go to the court".
The meeting came even as the District Magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar said in a report submitted to the Uttar Pradesh government that the IAS officer never got any wall of a religious structure demolished.
Congress` Satyavrat Chaturvedi today hit out at the Akhilesh Yadav government, saying SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal was suspended without any probe. "Obviously, the UP government acted under pressure," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!