IAS officers` association wants justice for Durga Shakti Nagpal, knocks at PM`s door
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Lucknow: The clamour for reinstating suspended Uttar Pradesh IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal grew louder on Thursday with representatives of the central IAS officers` association meeting Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy to demand justice for her.
In their meeting with Narayanasamy, the association demanded justice for the 28-year-old IAS officer who was suspended for allegedly ordering the demolition of a wall of a religious structure in a village in Gautam Budh Nagar.
Association representatives said after the meeting that they will ensure that "justice will be delivered to Durga Shakti Nagpal".
The minister is reported to have told the association members that the Centre "will do all that needs to be done as per the law and will even go for amendments in laws if necessary".
Speaking later to reporters, Narayanasamy said "the officer has been suspended without giving any opportunity" to put forth her view.
"We have asked for a report from the state government and are awaiting reply," he added.
Association members said as per the existing law the Centre can interfere in the matter if it finds merit in the case.
Stating their aim was to "correct the lacunas in law", association secretary Sanjay R Bhoos Reddy said "if nothing happens then we will go to the court".
The meeting came even as the District Magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar said in a report submitted to the Uttar Pradesh government that the IAS officer never got any wall of a religious structure demolished.
Congress` Satyavrat Chaturvedi today hit out at the Akhilesh Yadav government, saying SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal was suspended without any probe. "Obviously, the UP government acted under pressure," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?