IAS officers` association wants justice for Durga Shakti Nagpal, knocks at PM`s door
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Lucknow: The clamour for reinstating suspended Uttar Pradesh IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal grew louder on Thursday with representatives of the central IAS officers` association meeting Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy to demand justice for her.
In their meeting with Narayanasamy, the association demanded justice for the 28-year-old IAS officer who was suspended for allegedly ordering the demolition of a wall of a religious structure in a village in Gautam Budh Nagar.
Association representatives said after the meeting that they will ensure that "justice will be delivered to Durga Shakti Nagpal".
The minister is reported to have told the association members that the Centre "will do all that needs to be done as per the law and will even go for amendments in laws if necessary".
Speaking later to reporters, Narayanasamy said "the officer has been suspended without giving any opportunity" to put forth her view.
"We have asked for a report from the state government and are awaiting reply," he added.
Association members said as per the existing law the Centre can interfere in the matter if it finds merit in the case.
Stating their aim was to "correct the lacunas in law", association secretary Sanjay R Bhoos Reddy said "if nothing happens then we will go to the court".
The meeting came even as the District Magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar said in a report submitted to the Uttar Pradesh government that the IAS officer never got any wall of a religious structure demolished.
Congress` Satyavrat Chaturvedi today hit out at the Akhilesh Yadav government, saying SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal was suspended without any probe. "Obviously, the UP government acted under pressure," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah