IAS officers body hits out at CBI; supports Bhave, Abraham
New Delhi: Over 4,700-strong IAS officers Association today hit out at CBI for registering a Preliminary Enquiry against former SEBI`s Chairman C B Bhave and its ex-member K M Abraham for alleged irregularities in granting sanction to MCX Stock Exchange.
The Association will take up the matter of both the officers in its executive committee meeting scheduled for this week.
"All retired and serving bureaucrats are annoyed and disturbed over CBI`s latest action against Bhave and Abraham who had general public reputation of being very sincere, upright and of high integrity.
"It is unfortunate to see how honest and sincere officers are being hounded in a vicious manner," IAS officers` Association Secretary Sanjay R Bhoos Reddy told PTI.
He said CBI`s action would adversely impact both the administration of the central and state governments and ultimately the governance of the country.
"The Central IAS Association has decided to take up the matter in its next executive committee meeting, scheduled this week, to decide the future course of action," Reddy said.
There are about 4,737 IAS officers working across the country.
CBI`s PE was registered against Abraham and Bhave on March 13 on issues of alleged irregularities in granting sanction to the MCX-SX by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in 2008 and renewing the recognition in 2009 and 2010.
The probe by CBI is to ascertain how MCX-SX was granted permission despite opposition by SEBI when Bhave was head of the regulatory authority.
CBI`s inquiry has also named Jignesh Shah-founded Financial Technologies India Ltd (FTIL) and its commodity exchange arm MCX.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof