IB asked to review Kuldip Singh Brar security
New Delhi: Following a goof-up leading to an assault on Lt Gen (retd) Kuldip Singh Brar, one of the main strategists of Operation Bluestar undertaken in 1984 to flush out militants from the Golden Temple, the Union Home Ministry has asked the Intelligence Bureau (IB) to do a complete audit of his security along with those of others who are on the hit list of terrorist groups.
Maintaining that neither Lt Gen Brar nor the Ministry of Defence had informed the Ministry of Home Affairs about his UK visit, top sources said, “Had we known about his visit abroad, we would have made security arrangements there.”
Sources said defence attaché was aware of Lt Gen Brar’s itinerary, which he always used to tell in advance as per the protocol. “We still do not know whether the defence attaché informed the local authorities in London about Lt Gen Brar’s visit. Prior intimation is given in cases where there is a threat to a person and local authorities are supposed to draw up their security plan as countries like UK, besides SPG protectees, don’t allow people to move around with security umbrella provided here at home,” sources said.
On the hit list of terrorist groups like Babbar Khalsa International, Brar has been given Z-category security at home that allows him to move with security commandos and escort vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India