IB issues terror alert in Guj, Maharashtra, Goa
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau has issued a terror alert in the coastal areas of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa following intelligence inputs that Pakistan-based terrorists may adopt the sea route to strike during the festival season.
According to the Intelligence Bureau, the Pakistan-based militant outfit HuJI has prepared 30 fidayeen teams, comprising eight or nine terrorists in each group to target major cities of Gujarat and Maharashtra. The report claims that each group also has women fidayeen.
The Coast Guard has been asked to remain on high alert and the Rapid Action Force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have also been deployed in coastal areas of country.
The Anti Terror Squad (ATS), the state Home Ministry and the state Police have been informed in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured