IB issues terror alert in Guj, Maharashtra, Goa
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau has issued a terror alert in the coastal areas of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa following intelligence inputs that Pakistan-based terrorists may adopt the sea route to strike during the festival season.
According to the Intelligence Bureau, the Pakistan-based militant outfit HuJI has prepared 30 fidayeen teams, comprising eight or nine terrorists in each group to target major cities of Gujarat and Maharashtra. The report claims that each group also has women fidayeen.
The Coast Guard has been asked to remain on high alert and the Rapid Action Force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have also been deployed in coastal areas of country.
The Anti Terror Squad (ATS), the state Home Ministry and the state Police have been informed in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah