IB issues terror alert in Guj, Maharashtra, Goa
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau has issued a terror alert in the coastal areas of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa following intelligence inputs that Pakistan-based terrorists may adopt the sea route to strike during the festival season.
According to the Intelligence Bureau, the Pakistan-based militant outfit HuJI has prepared 30 fidayeen teams, comprising eight or nine terrorists in each group to target major cities of Gujarat and Maharashtra. The report claims that each group also has women fidayeen.
The Coast Guard has been asked to remain on high alert and the Rapid Action Force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have also been deployed in coastal areas of country.
The Anti Terror Squad (ATS), the state Home Ministry and the state Police have been informed in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing