IB issues terror alert in Guj, Maharashtra, Goa
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau has issued a terror alert in the coastal areas of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Goa following intelligence inputs that Pakistan-based terrorists may adopt the sea route to strike during the festival season.
According to the Intelligence Bureau, the Pakistan-based militant outfit HuJI has prepared 30 fidayeen teams, comprising eight or nine terrorists in each group to target major cities of Gujarat and Maharashtra. The report claims that each group also has women fidayeen.
The Coast Guard has been asked to remain on high alert and the Rapid Action Force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have also been deployed in coastal areas of country.
The Anti Terror Squad (ATS), the state Home Ministry and the state Police have been informed in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region