IB to quickly probe into Gen Singh`s letter leak
New Delhi: Government on Saturday said the Intelligence Bureau has been asked to quickly complete its inquiry into the leak of a letter written by Army Chief Gen V
K Singh to the Prime Minister highlighting various shortcomings in the Army but no time has been fixed for it.
"I don`t think there is a time-frame. The Ministry of
Defense has asked the IB to look into the matter and I know
that the IB is looking into the matter.
There is no
time-frame. But obviously it has to be done quickly," Home
Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
He was responding to a question on when the IB will
complete its probe into the enquiry of the leak which has
triggered sharp reactions from the government and opposition
On Thursday, Defense Minister A K Antony vowed to take the
"strongest action" under laws against those responsible for
the leak of Gen Singh`s letter to the Prime Minister.
Antony said the government will get to the root of it and
find out the persons behind the "anti-national" act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next