IB to quickly probe into Gen Singh`s letter leak
New Delhi: Government on Saturday said the Intelligence Bureau has been asked to quickly complete its inquiry into the leak of a letter written by Army Chief Gen V
K Singh to the Prime Minister highlighting various shortcomings in the Army but no time has been fixed for it.
"I don`t think there is a time-frame. The Ministry of
Defense has asked the IB to look into the matter and I know
that the IB is looking into the matter.
There is no
time-frame. But obviously it has to be done quickly," Home
Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
He was responding to a question on when the IB will
complete its probe into the enquiry of the leak which has
triggered sharp reactions from the government and opposition
On Thursday, Defense Minister A K Antony vowed to take the
"strongest action" under laws against those responsible for
the leak of Gen Singh`s letter to the Prime Minister.
Antony said the government will get to the root of it and
find out the persons behind the "anti-national" act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon