IB to quickly probe into Gen Singh`s letter leak
New Delhi: Government on Saturday said the Intelligence Bureau has been asked to quickly complete its inquiry into the leak of a letter written by Army Chief Gen V
K Singh to the Prime Minister highlighting various shortcomings in the Army but no time has been fixed for it.
"I don`t think there is a time-frame. The Ministry of
Defense has asked the IB to look into the matter and I know
that the IB is looking into the matter.
There is no
time-frame. But obviously it has to be done quickly," Home
Minister P Chidambaram told reporters here.
He was responding to a question on when the IB will
complete its probe into the enquiry of the leak which has
triggered sharp reactions from the government and opposition
On Thursday, Defense Minister A K Antony vowed to take the
"strongest action" under laws against those responsible for
the leak of Gen Singh`s letter to the Prime Minister.
Antony said the government will get to the root of it and
find out the persons behind the "anti-national" act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler