IB warns of LeT attack in Delhi, security stepped up
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Intelligence Bureau has alerted the Delhi Police about a possible terror attack, reports said on Friday.
The IB has written a letter to the police about a specific threat to the national capital, following which New Delhi has been put on high alert.
The IB has apprised the police of the speech made by Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, the founder of Lashkar-e-Toiba terror group that staged the 2008 Mumbai attacks and who roams freely in Pakistan.
"We have received a letter from IB about a threat from a terrorist outfit ahead of August 15," Special Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) SN Srivastava told a news agency.
"Delhi has been put on high alert and security has been beefed up in markets, crowded places, high rise buildings and government offices following the alert," he said.
Saeed has reportedly called for an attack on one of the national capital`s famous monuments, Red Fort.
The Lashkar-e-Toiba founder led Eid al-Fitr prayers at Gaddafi stadium in Lahore today.
Before leading the prayers, Saeed had tweeted Eid greetings with a strong anti-India message.
The ties between India and Pakistan became more tense when five Indian soldiers were killed along the Line of Control by the Pakistani troops earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened