IB writes to Union Home Ministry against CBI on Ishrat case
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to CBI`s alleged "witch-hunt" against its officials in Ishrat Jahan case, the Intelligence Bureau has lodged a strong protest with the Union Home Ministry. It said that the investigating agency`s move would only hurt the morale of the officers of IB.
In a formal letter, IB Director Asif Ibrahim said CBI`s move to prosecute its officials in the alleged fake encounter case in Gujarat, would be "disastrous for the morale of IB officers" and would harm the country`s internal security.
Sources said Ibrahim wanted to put on record IB`s displeasure over CBI`s alleged attempt to frame IB officers the alleged encounter that took place nine years ago and wanted government action over it.
IB has been maintaining that its officials only provided intelligence inputs and had nothing to do with any alleged fake encounter.
Besides, it has also been maintaining that CBI does not have enough evidence to prosecute IB officers, including Kumar, in the alleged fake encounter case.
CBI has told a court in Ahmedabad that it would further investigate the role of four IB officials, including the Special Director of the IB Rajendra Kumar, in the alleged fake encounter case.
IB`s letter, received by the just retired Union Home Secretary R K Singh, has been forwarded to the Prime Minister`s Office for further action.
The Ministry of Personnel, which is the nodal Ministry of CBI, falls under the direct jurisdiction of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad