ICSE Board restrained from using "objectionable" words in books
New Delhi: A Delhi court has restrained the
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Board from using
"objectionable" words like "militant, radicals and extremists"
in History and Civic text books prescribed by it.
Restraining the Board from using the "objectionable"
words in the books, the court also asked the publisher and
author of the books to desist from using the words in them.
"The defendants (ICSE Board and others) are restrained
from publishing and printing any text under the title History
and Civics part-II by using expression that is militant,
radicals and extremists....," Additional District Judge
Inderjeet Singh said.
The court`s order came on a civil suit filed by Dina
Nath Batra seeking deletion of "objectionable" words, passages
and titles from the 10th class text books authored by D N
As the ICSE Board and others complied with Batra`s
demand during adjudication of his suit and got rid of them,
the court passed a "consent decree" in the case, noting the
settlement reached between the parties.
Advocate Monika Arora, appearing for Batra, said such
mistakes should be avoided in future as well.
The court was informed by the Board that it has issued
a circular to its affiliated schools that the students should
be taught from revised text books.
The court retained an extra set of books to ascertain
whether the requisite changes have taken place in them as per
the undertakings tendered by the Board and the publisher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic