Icy winds sweep North India; Amritsar shivers at 0 degree C
New Delhi: Chilly weather conditions
prevailed in most parts of the northern states on Tuesday even as
mercury rose marginally in Punjab and Haryana where people
woke up to a foggy morning.
In Delhi, the mercury hovered around six degree Celsius.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 6.2 degrees, which is
one degree below normal for this time of the year. Yesterday,
the minimum was 5.7 degree Celsius while on Sunday it was 5.5
Icy winds blowing over North India and snowfall in higher
reaches of Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh have resulted in cold
conditions in the national capital, the Met office said.
In Rajasthan, Mount Abu remained the coldest place
recording a minimum temperature of 2 degree Celsius early this
morning, followed by Ganganagar where people shivered at 4.9
degrees, a Met official said here.
Other parts of the state like Churu and Pilani chilled at
5.4 and 5.7 degrees respectively.
The weatherman said the condition is likely to improve in
some parts of the state in next three to four days by a few
notches due to western disturbance.
The cold wave slightly abated in some parts of Punjab,
Haryana and Chandigarh where thick fog and mist was witnessed
at several places.
Amritsar was the coldest place recording a minimum
temperature of zero degree for the second day in a row -- four
degrees below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest