If incase my phone is tapped, they would enjoy the conversation: Jaswant
New Delhi: BJP leader Jaswant Singh Wednesday took a dig at the government over alleged tapping of phones of political leaders, including Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, saying those following his calls will "enjoy" the conversation.
"If my phone is being tapped. I hope those who are tapping my telephone, they enjoy the conversation that we have," he said here.
He was reacting to questions from reporters after the launch of his book "The Audacity of Opinion: Thoughts, Journeys, Musings".
The Centre had rejected Banerjee`s charge that her phone was tapped when she was leading a movement at Nandigram nearly five years ago.
Singh`s book is the volume of his writings that covers a broad spectrum and are a vivid reflection of the prevailing political scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why