If incase my phone is tapped, they would enjoy the conversation: Jaswant
New Delhi: BJP leader Jaswant Singh Wednesday took a dig at the government over alleged tapping of phones of political leaders, including Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, saying those following his calls will "enjoy" the conversation.
"If my phone is being tapped. I hope those who are tapping my telephone, they enjoy the conversation that we have," he said here.
He was reacting to questions from reporters after the launch of his book "The Audacity of Opinion: Thoughts, Journeys, Musings".
The Centre had rejected Banerjee`s charge that her phone was tapped when she was leading a movement at Nandigram nearly five years ago.
Singh`s book is the volume of his writings that covers a broad spectrum and are a vivid reflection of the prevailing political scenario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends