If Sibal was right, then why Raja`s arrest, asks Yechury
New Delhi: Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Sitaram Yechury Wednesday said that if the new communication minister, Kapil Sibal, was right when he said there was no problem in the allocation of 2G spectrum, then why did the CBI arrest his predecessor A. Raja.
"If Sibal was right, then why the arrest," Yechury told a TV channel after reports of the CBI arresting Raja and two of his aides were flashed across the media.
"It only vindicates our position that there is very very deep malaise behind the scam," he said.
The CPI-M leader said that the issue was not only about the investigation which is being conducted by the CBI under the supervision of the Supreme Court.
"The bigger issue is how was the system allowed to be manipulated in such a huge way," he said, adding that the party`s demand for a joint parliamentary committee probe into the matter was vindicated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site