IGI `best improved airport` of Asia-Pacific region: ACI
New Delhi: The IGI airport has been adjudged
the `best improved airport` in terms of quality of services in
the Asia-Pacific region by an international body.
The airport, which handles around 24 million passengers
per year, was also ranked fourth in the category of airports
witnessing 15 to 25 million footfalls by Switzerland-based
Airport Council International (ACI) for the year 2009.
The ACI every year conducts survey of the airport service
quality (ASQ) of 1,633 airports in 179 countries.
"The airport`s ASQ rating has improved from 3.02 in 2006
to 4.16 in 2009 on a scale of 5," a spokesperson of DIAL, a
GMR-led consortium that operates the airport, said.
The ACI has identified various factors essential for high
customer service ratings including ambiance, cleanliness of
terminals, comfort of the waiting areas, availability of
washrooms, cleanliness of washrooms, helpfulness of the
airport staff, passport or identity inspection experience and
good shopping facilities.
GMR Group Chairman, G M Rao and DIAL CEO P S Nair termed
it "a matter of pride" and said "with the opening of new
integrated terminal the airport`s rating would surly improve."
ACI has also ranked the Rajiv Gandhi International
Airport at Hyderabad as the best in the category of airports
handling five to 15 million passengers. The survey result was
released in Geneva by ACI Director General Angela Gittens.
The awards would be presented to the successful airports
in May this year during the Asia-Pacific Region`s Annual
Conference in Sanya, Hainan in China.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference