IGI `best improved airport` of Asia-Pacific region: ACI
New Delhi: The IGI airport has been adjudged
the `best improved airport` in terms of quality of services in
the Asia-Pacific region by an international body.
The airport, which handles around 24 million passengers
per year, was also ranked fourth in the category of airports
witnessing 15 to 25 million footfalls by Switzerland-based
Airport Council International (ACI) for the year 2009.
The ACI every year conducts survey of the airport service
quality (ASQ) of 1,633 airports in 179 countries.
"The airport`s ASQ rating has improved from 3.02 in 2006
to 4.16 in 2009 on a scale of 5," a spokesperson of DIAL, a
GMR-led consortium that operates the airport, said.
The ACI has identified various factors essential for high
customer service ratings including ambiance, cleanliness of
terminals, comfort of the waiting areas, availability of
washrooms, cleanliness of washrooms, helpfulness of the
airport staff, passport or identity inspection experience and
good shopping facilities.
GMR Group Chairman, G M Rao and DIAL CEO P S Nair termed
it "a matter of pride" and said "with the opening of new
integrated terminal the airport`s rating would surly improve."
ACI has also ranked the Rajiv Gandhi International
Airport at Hyderabad as the best in the category of airports
handling five to 15 million passengers. The survey result was
released in Geneva by ACI Director General Angela Gittens.
The awards would be presented to the successful airports
in May this year during the Asia-Pacific Region`s Annual
Conference in Sanya, Hainan in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing