IGNCA to celebrate 24th Foundation Day today
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts will celebrate its 24th Foundation Day on Thursday to commemorate the 92nd birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
The IGNCA was launched on November 19, 1985 by the late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in the fond memory of his mother.
The institution was formally established as an autonomous trust on March 24.
To celebrate the twin occasion, the IGNCA is organising classical dance performances by celebrated exponents of Indian art at 6.30 p.m. at its premises.
The cultural events will include an Odissi performance by Padmasree Madhvi Mudgal and dancers of the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya; a Bharatanatyam performance by Padmasree Geeta Chandran and the Natya Vriksha Dance Company and a Kathak performance by the Kathak Kendra Repertory Company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report