IGNCA to celebrate 24th Foundation Day today
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts will celebrate its 24th Foundation Day on Thursday to commemorate the 92nd birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
The IGNCA was launched on November 19, 1985 by the late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in the fond memory of his mother.
The institution was formally established as an autonomous trust on March 24.
To celebrate the twin occasion, the IGNCA is organising classical dance performances by celebrated exponents of Indian art at 6.30 p.m. at its premises.
The cultural events will include an Odissi performance by Padmasree Madhvi Mudgal and dancers of the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya; a Bharatanatyam performance by Padmasree Geeta Chandran and the Natya Vriksha Dance Company and a Kathak performance by the Kathak Kendra Repertory Company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Man who tried to commit suicide outside Chhattisgarh CM's house dies
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!
- Five health benefits of cashew nuts you didn't know about!
- Do you know how many ultra-high networth individuals India has? Make a guess
- Watch: When lightening struck iconic Empire State building in USA