IGNCA to celebrate 24th Foundation Day today
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts will celebrate its 24th Foundation Day on Thursday to commemorate the 92nd birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
The IGNCA was launched on November 19, 1985 by the late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in the fond memory of his mother.
The institution was formally established as an autonomous trust on March 24.
To celebrate the twin occasion, the IGNCA is organising classical dance performances by celebrated exponents of Indian art at 6.30 p.m. at its premises.
The cultural events will include an Odissi performance by Padmasree Madhvi Mudgal and dancers of the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya; a Bharatanatyam performance by Padmasree Geeta Chandran and the Natya Vriksha Dance Company and a Kathak performance by the Kathak Kendra Repertory Company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission