Ignore Kejriwal, he will get tired and shut up: Mulayam
Lucknow: The best way to handle India Against Corruption (IAC) leader Arvind Kejriwal is to ignore him till he gets tired of repeating his charges and becomes silent, said Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday.
Refusing to comment on Kejriwal`s charges against BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Mulayam Singh said: "Inko itna zyada mahatva dene ki zaroorat nahin hai, karte karte thak jayenge aur chup baith jayenge (There is no need to give him so much attention, he will himself get tired and shut up)."
Mulayam Singh, however, admitted that corruption was a serious issue and should be tackled head on.
The revelations made by Kejriwal against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and Gadkari were not leading to any kind of political crisis but were part of a political discourse that everyone was free to use in a democracy, the Samajwadi Party chief said.
He also advised the IAC leader to contest elections and prove his points.
Merely making allegations wildly against every politician will not serve any purpose, Mulayam Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi