Ignore Kejriwal, he will get tired and shut up: Mulayam
Lucknow: The best way to handle India Against Corruption (IAC) leader Arvind Kejriwal is to ignore him till he gets tired of repeating his charges and becomes silent, said Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday.
Refusing to comment on Kejriwal`s charges against BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Mulayam Singh said: "Inko itna zyada mahatva dene ki zaroorat nahin hai, karte karte thak jayenge aur chup baith jayenge (There is no need to give him so much attention, he will himself get tired and shut up)."
Mulayam Singh, however, admitted that corruption was a serious issue and should be tackled head on.
The revelations made by Kejriwal against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and Gadkari were not leading to any kind of political crisis but were part of a political discourse that everyone was free to use in a democracy, the Samajwadi Party chief said.
He also advised the IAC leader to contest elections and prove his points.
Merely making allegations wildly against every politician will not serve any purpose, Mulayam Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill