Ignore Kejriwal, he will get tired and shut up: Mulayam
Lucknow: The best way to handle India Against Corruption (IAC) leader Arvind Kejriwal is to ignore him till he gets tired of repeating his charges and becomes silent, said Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday.
Refusing to comment on Kejriwal`s charges against BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Mulayam Singh said: "Inko itna zyada mahatva dene ki zaroorat nahin hai, karte karte thak jayenge aur chup baith jayenge (There is no need to give him so much attention, he will himself get tired and shut up)."
Mulayam Singh, however, admitted that corruption was a serious issue and should be tackled head on.
The revelations made by Kejriwal against Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra and Gadkari were not leading to any kind of political crisis but were part of a political discourse that everyone was free to use in a democracy, the Samajwadi Party chief said.
He also advised the IAC leader to contest elections and prove his points.
Merely making allegations wildly against every politician will not serve any purpose, Mulayam Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla