Ignore rumours on Pawar`s health, says NCP
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar is in good health and there is no need for concern, a party leader said on Thursday and asked his colleagues to guard against rumours.
In a statement, the party`s Maharashtra unit president Madhukar Pichad said Pawar, also union agriculture minister, is in fine health.
"Since the past few days, there have been rumours and misleading information about his health, creating concerns among the party activists. I appeal to all to guard against such baseless rumours," Pichad said.
He added that last week, Pawar, 72, suffered exhaustion following low blood sugar while attending a function in Kolhapur.
Later, the union agriculture minister was rushed to his Modi Baug residence in Pune where he took rest for a day and recovered.
Pawar was on a scheduled tour of some southern regions, including Bangalore, Ooty and Mysore, party spokesperson Nawab Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO