Ignore rumours on Pawar`s health, says NCP
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar is in good health and there is no need for concern, a party leader said on Thursday and asked his colleagues to guard against rumours.
In a statement, the party`s Maharashtra unit president Madhukar Pichad said Pawar, also union agriculture minister, is in fine health.
"Since the past few days, there have been rumours and misleading information about his health, creating concerns among the party activists. I appeal to all to guard against such baseless rumours," Pichad said.
He added that last week, Pawar, 72, suffered exhaustion following low blood sugar while attending a function in Kolhapur.
Later, the union agriculture minister was rushed to his Modi Baug residence in Pune where he took rest for a day and recovered.
Pawar was on a scheduled tour of some southern regions, including Bangalore, Ooty and Mysore, party spokesperson Nawab Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family