Ignore rumours on Pawar`s health, says NCP
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief Sharad Pawar is in good health and there is no need for concern, a party leader said on Thursday and asked his colleagues to guard against rumours.
In a statement, the party`s Maharashtra unit president Madhukar Pichad said Pawar, also union agriculture minister, is in fine health.
"Since the past few days, there have been rumours and misleading information about his health, creating concerns among the party activists. I appeal to all to guard against such baseless rumours," Pichad said.
He added that last week, Pawar, 72, suffered exhaustion following low blood sugar while attending a function in Kolhapur.
Later, the union agriculture minister was rushed to his Modi Baug residence in Pune where he took rest for a day and recovered.
Pawar was on a scheduled tour of some southern regions, including Bangalore, Ooty and Mysore, party spokesperson Nawab Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India