IGNOU launches course for central govt staff
New Delhi: A new course for government employees in the country was launched Thursday by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and the training division of department of personnel and training (DoPT), an official said.
The new programme is called `Distance and E-Learning Programme for Government Employees` (DELPGE) for which a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between IGNOU and the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and the DoPT.
"The main objective of DELPGE is to increase the availability and flexibility of options open to employees for enhancing their knowledge and skills in order to improve the functioning of government organisations and the delivery of services to the public," said an official of the IGNOU.
The programme includes a masters programme in distance and e-learning, post-graduate advanced diploma, post-graduate diploma and diploma programmes in the subject, among others.
Open to central government employees working in ministries, departments, attached offices and the faculty members of state apex training institutions, the number of seats for each programme is 50.
IGNOU is one of the world`s largest open universities which provides education to 1.5 million students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj