IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Thursday launched a post-graduate diploma programme in women and gender studies, a university statement said.
The one-year programme will commence from July. It is being offered by IGNOU`s School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS).
"The course will help to examine women`s and gender issues from an academic perspective," the statement said. The eligibility for this programme is graduation in any discipline.
"Even professionals working in media, legal sectors and NGOs can take this programme for betterment of career opportunities within their respective fields," it added.
The last date for submitting applications for the programme is July 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof