IGNOU offers masters in psychology
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will offer a Master of Arts (M.A) in Psychology from the 2013 academic session, the authorities said on Saturday.
"The programme aims at catering to a variety of clientele such as fresh graduate students who want to enter the employment arena in the areas of Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology and Industrial and Organisational Psychology," said a statement from IGNOU.
Aspiring students can obtain the form and prospectus from various regional centres for Rs. 200. More information can be obtained from the IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in).
"Almost every school needs a psychologist with an M.A. degree to work full-time with the school students, to teach psychology for class XI and XII and to work with the many rehabilitation centres," the statement said.
The last date to apply for the course is June 15.
IGNOU is the largest open university in the country which provides a wide range of academic programmes at affordable costs and flexible qualification criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?