IGNOU offers masters in psychology
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will offer a Master of Arts (M.A) in Psychology from the 2013 academic session, the authorities said on Saturday.
"The programme aims at catering to a variety of clientele such as fresh graduate students who want to enter the employment arena in the areas of Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology and Industrial and Organisational Psychology," said a statement from IGNOU.
Aspiring students can obtain the form and prospectus from various regional centres for Rs. 200. More information can be obtained from the IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in).
"Almost every school needs a psychologist with an M.A. degree to work full-time with the school students, to teach psychology for class XI and XII and to work with the many rehabilitation centres," the statement said.
The last date to apply for the course is June 15.
IGNOU is the largest open university in the country which provides a wide range of academic programmes at affordable costs and flexible qualification criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore