IGNOU offers masters in psychology
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will offer a Master of Arts (M.A) in Psychology from the 2013 academic session, the authorities said on Saturday.
"The programme aims at catering to a variety of clientele such as fresh graduate students who want to enter the employment arena in the areas of Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology and Industrial and Organisational Psychology," said a statement from IGNOU.
Aspiring students can obtain the form and prospectus from various regional centres for Rs. 200. More information can be obtained from the IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in).
"Almost every school needs a psychologist with an M.A. degree to work full-time with the school students, to teach psychology for class XI and XII and to work with the many rehabilitation centres," the statement said.
The last date to apply for the course is June 15.
IGNOU is the largest open university in the country which provides a wide range of academic programmes at affordable costs and flexible qualification criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured