IGNOU offers masters in psychology
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will offer a Master of Arts (M.A) in Psychology from the 2013 academic session, the authorities said on Saturday.
"The programme aims at catering to a variety of clientele such as fresh graduate students who want to enter the employment arena in the areas of Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology and Industrial and Organisational Psychology," said a statement from IGNOU.
Aspiring students can obtain the form and prospectus from various regional centres for Rs. 200. More information can be obtained from the IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in).
"Almost every school needs a psychologist with an M.A. degree to work full-time with the school students, to teach psychology for class XI and XII and to work with the many rehabilitation centres," the statement said.
The last date to apply for the course is June 15.
IGNOU is the largest open university in the country which provides a wide range of academic programmes at affordable costs and flexible qualification criteria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab