IGNOU revises masters programme in economics
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has revised the course material of its masters programme in economics, an official statement said Thursday.
"Keeping in view the fact that a lot of developments have taken place on the Indian economic policy front the course material needed modification, so the M.A. (Economics) programme at IGNOU`s School of Social Sciences has been revised completely," the statement read.
"The revised course with the current facts and changes in the Indian economic policy would enlighten the students," it added.
According to the varsity, the old course bearing code number MEC-005 (Indian economic policy), offered from July 2005 to June 2012, has been revised. From the academic session starting July 2012, the new code number of the course is MEC-105.
"The students who are admitted to the July 2012 session and who have received the old course study material should get the revised course material from their regional centres," IGNOU said.
The varsity has intimidated all its regional centres in this connection.
IGNOU is the world`s largest open university system with a pan India and international reach - having flexible entry qualifications and a wide range of academic programmes at an affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!