IGNOU revises masters programme in economics
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has revised the course material of its masters programme in economics, an official statement said Thursday.
"Keeping in view the fact that a lot of developments have taken place on the Indian economic policy front the course material needed modification, so the M.A. (Economics) programme at IGNOU`s School of Social Sciences has been revised completely," the statement read.
"The revised course with the current facts and changes in the Indian economic policy would enlighten the students," it added.
According to the varsity, the old course bearing code number MEC-005 (Indian economic policy), offered from July 2005 to June 2012, has been revised. From the academic session starting July 2012, the new code number of the course is MEC-105.
"The students who are admitted to the July 2012 session and who have received the old course study material should get the revised course material from their regional centres," IGNOU said.
The varsity has intimidated all its regional centres in this connection.
IGNOU is the world`s largest open university system with a pan India and international reach - having flexible entry qualifications and a wide range of academic programmes at an affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'