IGNOU slashes fees for students in engineering stream
New Delhi: IGNOU on Thursday said it has decided
to slash fees for the engineering stream keeping in mind the
interest of students coming from different segments of the
Fees for degree engineering courses has been reduced from
Rs 30,000 to Rs 25,000 per semester and for Diploma
programmes, the amount has been slashed from Rs 20,000 to Rs
12,500 per semester, a release issued by the university said.
"The decision has been made to make quality education
available to the maximum number of students in the country and
also help students coming from the economically weaker
sections of society," it said.
The last date for submission of application for
different programmes under the engineering stream has also
been extended to September 24, 2009, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia