IGNOU students to take exams in regional languages
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) has decided to introduce a system that
would enable students to write the examinations in regional
IGNOU`s student evaluation division (SED) is currently
working on implementing the proposal at the ground level in
its 60 regional centres spread across the country, IGNOU
Vice-Chancellor V N Rajasekharna Pillai said.
This would enable students write exams in their regional
"The University has been working on a series of new and
path-breaking ideas to meet the diverse and often daunting
expectations of a large number of learners who cannot afford
to acquire education from a conventional university and this
is a big step in the universalisation of education," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway