IGNOU students to take exams in regional languages
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) has decided to introduce a system that
would enable students to write the examinations in regional
IGNOU`s student evaluation division (SED) is currently
working on implementing the proposal at the ground level in
its 60 regional centres spread across the country, IGNOU
Vice-Chancellor V N Rajasekharna Pillai said.
This would enable students write exams in their regional
"The University has been working on a series of new and
path-breaking ideas to meet the diverse and often daunting
expectations of a large number of learners who cannot afford
to acquire education from a conventional university and this
is a big step in the universalisation of education," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him