IGNOU students to take exams in regional languages
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open
University (IGNOU) has decided to introduce a system that
would enable students to write the examinations in regional
IGNOU`s student evaluation division (SED) is currently
working on implementing the proposal at the ground level in
its 60 regional centres spread across the country, IGNOU
Vice-Chancellor V N Rajasekharna Pillai said.
This would enable students write exams in their regional
"The University has been working on a series of new and
path-breaking ideas to meet the diverse and often daunting
expectations of a large number of learners who cannot afford
to acquire education from a conventional university and this
is a big step in the universalisation of education," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?