IGNOU to conduct engineering test again in 10 days
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Tuesday said it will conduct an entrance test for engineering courses again in next 10 days, after its online test system collapsed on Saturday.
The IGNOU Engineering Aptitude Test (IGNEAT) is the university`s first foray into online testing. The test determines entry into B. Tech and diploma programmes in engineering and technology. IGNOU is the country`s largest distance education university.
On Saturday, when around 9,800 aspirants sat for the test, the IGNOU server failed and the test could not be conducted.
"The IGNEAT will be conducted within 10 days. We are still trying to ascertain the cause of server failure. We have roped in the cyber security cell (Delhi Police) to investigate the matter and have asked our technicians for a report which we would get in a week," IGNOU Vice-Chancellor V Rajashekharan Pillai said
The test was earlier to be conducted in five sessions - two on Oct 31 and three on Nov 1. But when the aspirants sat for the test Saturday, only two questions popped up on the screen.
IGNOU was using the Yahoo server for conducting the test.
Pillai ruled out the possibility of a major security breach. "I don`t think it is hacking, it was a server failure - and could have been due to load and congestion. We have thought of using our own server."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof